With the BodybuilderDatabase, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles provides the various builders of superstructures and modifications based on Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles with a marketplace where they can present their products.
The advertisements and profiles of body builders to be viewed here were created under their own responsibility in terms of the editorial content and do not constitute a recommendation of the Volkswagen AG.
All vehicle details are to be regarded as approximate. Information regarding the superstructure refers to a product of the body builder, originates exclusively from the body builder and is also entered into the BodybuilderDatabase by the body builder.
The superstructures and modifications are developed, manufactured and sold by the respective body builder on his own responsibility and for his own account.
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has not verified the body builders's information for accuracy and completeness and does not assume any liability, warranty or guarantee for the body builder's information.
I have read the legal notice and grant my consent:
Inserat – API - 1
Back to overview
Volkswagen Caddy 5 Maxi - API FlexiRamp rear entry conversion
API CZ s.r.o
The wheelchair accesible Volkswagen Caddy 5 from API sets new standards for transport of wheelchair users. Whether you need a family-sized wheelchair accessible vehicle or run a taxi company, we always have the right solution for you.
API conversions are known and demanded for it's top quality finish, OEM like design and it's versatility. The Volkswagen Caddy 5 comes with legendary FlexiRamp with further enhanced functionality for simple and effortless operation. The new patented ramp UpLifter system, in combination with a fully balanced ramp in all positions, delivers uncompromised handling and comfort as well as setting new standards for wheelchair accessible vehicles - a ZeroEffort system. The wide variety of seating configurations and the new floor modular system provides great seating comfort for the wheelchair user and also allows us to deliver a solution, which will meet your needs. The new floor lightweight aluminium and fiberglass structure in combination with the patented rear impact protection system significantly increases the safety of the vehicle occupants.
- Spacious floor modular system with lightweight and rust-free structure.
- Floor available in 2 different sizes - standart L version and extra long XL version
- The legendary FlexiRamp with patented ZeroEffort ramp balancing system
- Patented rear collision protection system for increased safety
- Washable and anti-skid ramp and floor surface
- Highly visible ramp edges finishers
- Uncompromised seating comfort for the wheelchair user
- Fully tested according to EU legislation and ISO norms
- Complete wheelchair and passenger restraint system
- Rear bumper in its original position with fully operational OEM parking sensors
- Seating capacity 4-7 seated passengers + 1 wheelchair (when transporting the wheelchair there can be up to 5 seated passengers)
Note: OEM 7 seats version can be fully utilized after the conversion with the 3rd row seats adapters (see the options below)
- Head and back rest floor mounted
- Tip and fold 3rd row seats
- Single seats for 2nd row
- 3rd row OEM seats adapters
- Flush mounted rear retractors
Wheelchair area dimensions:
- Width - 815 mm
- Floor length – between 1280 – 1850 mm (depends on floor and seats configuration)
- Entrance height – 1420 mm